Version 2.3.4 (Released: September 17, 2004)
- - Speex files support, Vorbis tags
- - Flac files support, Vorbis tags
- - Localization using gnugettext, French translation is coming
- - Support freedb protocol level 6 with UTF-8
- - Wav files - read only support, no tags
- - Dialog to Customize ShortCuts
- - Remove all images command
- - Copy/Add image(s) to other files command
- - 'Favorite folders' in every open/save dialog
- - Snap 'Open Directory' dialog to main Window
- - Minimize memory usage in Undo
- - Support for multimedia Player control keyboard
- - new <EncID> <EncType> <EncVersion> variables
- - Fixed for behaviour of extra tags panel values when they are fixed
- - Fixed context menu DLL (Mp3BHShell.dll) for non admin users
- - Preview for NFO generation base on template
- - Support for TXXX (User defined text information ID2v3 frames)
- - <Tag TXXX\RATING>, MOOD, QUALITY, SITUATION, TONES, STYLES are predefined and could be changed
- - Fixed more than 2GIG files size problem
- - <Tag VobisTagName> - Get Vorbis text frame
- - [Vorbis Comments Map] in ini file for mapping Vorbis tags to ID3 tags shown in GUI
- - Fixed multi-line title in importing from freedb
- - Fixed Restructure with a . (Dot) at the last place in folder name
- - Fixed Restructure will improperly truncate complex folder names
- - Ability to remove empty parent folder in restructure
- - Randomize file list
- - <Rnd><#> Random number generation
- - Regular Expression in import as delimiter
- - Ability to check/select files in the move-tab
- - <Expr><Expression> - Evaluate the value of mathematical expression
- - <FD><ss 'sec' c 'milliseconds'><DurationSecMSec> Format Duration directive
Version 2.3.3 (Released: December 23, 2003)
- Enabled references substitution in <R> directive, \0 \1 through \9
- Remove Open Folder command
- Adding XML Export NFO template
- Adding NFO processor to scan NFO files
- Directives are now the same in NFO and in Tags so <FileItem><#><expr> could be used in tags
- <FlagFile><dos_mask> Find first file mask
- <TextFile><file name> Context of the text file
- Fixed Smart Sort bug (created in 2.3.2)
- Fixed win 98 bugs in capitalization
- Fixed bugs in making folder name from mask
- Fixed bugs in relative path recognition
- Adding <Char #> directive to create special symbols like Tab
- Adding Use CRC in Fill and Group sfv/par
- Support new fixed .sv files(.sv version 2)
- Could enable 'Auto Create TSIZ frame' in configuration
- Open folder enhancements for multiple folders add
- Fixed bug in Undo for Ogg files (created in 2.3.2)
- Enable 'extra id3v2 panel' for ogg files
- New Lyrics editing window
- Icons and Popup menu in Log Tag
- Support for non Unicode Korean and other languages
- Message filters
- Line# in import as column name
- Transliterations <T><rus2lat>, <T><lat2rus>,
<T><CodePage#1, CodePage#2> and <T><transformation filename>
- New Picture editing window for saving Images in ID3v2 tags
Version 2.3.2 (Released: June 16, 2003)
- Select (Check/Uncheck) and Sort Items in Import and FreeDB
- Stable sorts for lists (where "equal" items maintain their order)
- Command to Update TSIZ Frame in ID3v2-Tag: Files->More->Update TSIZ
- TSIZTestDisable in ini file
- Load DupDB to memory only on first use
- FreeDB Text search
- Sort disks in FreeDB and show total time
- Read .b4s, .asx and .wpl playlist files: File->Add or Drag and Drop
- Do not sort file list automatically when opening Playlist files
- Select ID3 mode on Startup: Options; Other
- Customizable file Icons color base on Mpeg Attributes Options->File Icons
- Customizable File Name to Dropdown in Batch editing: Options->Batch
- Fixed sort by custom Columns
- Made customizable Column list for Files Tab
- Unified behavior for Column list for all views
- Select duplicates for removal base on number of tag fields
- Access to all ID3v2 Text Frames using new variable <Tag ID3v2FrameName>
- Support other than basic frames in "batch edit" TIT1, USLT, TEXT and so on
- Set 1 and 2 ID3 at the same time.
Shows v1 tags and if empty show v2
Sets v1 and then copy to v2
Shows v2 tags and if empty show v1
Sets v2 and then copy to v1
- Remove/Resolve ID3v1 Genre References in ID2v2
- Added <IF><what><then><else> directive
Version 2.3.1 (Released: April 30, 2003)
- Unicode Filenames on Windows NT descendant, W2K and XP
- Unicode in ID3v1 Tags
- Change Groups to use [[ ]] Brackets, No nested groups now.
- '\' is escape character before variable use <\> or \\ To make single \
- Added <FileItem><1>< tag vars> to NFO template
- Added List of Ogg Comments and ID3v2 frames to Keep and Remove
- Added Filename to tag dialog
- Join list and files using file name or any Tag in Import
- Improved Capitalize All Words directive and made it customizable
- Extended the list of available columns, including custom using masks
- Added Auto Size columns
- Added generate .md5 files
- Fixes for SFV test of identical files
- Fixed SFV extension for files with dot at the end
- TSIZ - support Audio Size Tag
- -.SF files creation; CRC calculation for non-tag parts of Mp3
- Import tags from FreeDB
- Preview in second line and highlight Changes
- Added test files using .MD5 files
- Button to Disable changes for Text Field in Single File Edit
- Read NFO file(s) to get Abridged/UnAbridged
- Added $U <Abridged>, <AbridgedUA>, <AbrUnabr>, <Abr>
- Added $J, <CountTape>, <XXT>, <TotalTape> Tape Files counter 1A, 1B, 2A...
- NFO templates for Export to Database
- Added <F><spec> - Format directive, [%][-][width][.prec]type
- Added <IFE><what><then> If No variables set directive
- Folder Name usage Example $A<IFE>< - $S $s - >< - >$B
- <XLastName> and <XFirstName> name Extraction directives
- Clear Files List; Press <Shift> to avoid SFVT creation
- Added Internal Player
- Changed ToolBars
- Memory allocation clean-up
- Custom separator in Import/Export tags from text files
- Import/Export to and from XML
- Rename files during Import from Text of XML files
- Use file selection Checkbox for Import/Export/
- CaseChange/Replace/Remove/Copy Tags.
- Dramatically Improved mask parsing speed
- Advance SFV creation dialog
- Multi-level Undo for rename
- Bud fixing.
- Groups using <> Brackets, No nested groups now.
- Ogg Vorbis support
- Added Undo Tag operations
- Added 3 supported text formats to Export and Import:
CSV Comma and quotes delimited,
CSV Comma delimited values
Text Tab delimited
- Total rework of mask engine
- Added case change and capitalize directives <CU> <CL> <CC> <CA>
- Added Replace directives <R><what><with>
- Show Tags for ID3v2 on additional Page
- Added Improved mask builder
- Variable $R is no longer composer
- Added rename and single file edit tabs
- Added $#I, <CountF> ... folder count masks
- Added rename and restructure for folders
- Added manual file sorting and selection of individual files.
- Rename files to names from SFV/PAR if CRC match
- Added Mask presets and Custom Variables
- Added popup menu to select Masks or Directives
- Read NFO file(s) to get Author, Album, Narrator, Publisher, Series name
- Added $s and $S for Series and Series name
- Added Name Extraction functions <X><what>
<XS><skip><what> and <XE><what><skip>
- Added $. or <Self> Original value of tag or name you are modifying
- Added <UM> Un-merge directive, TorontoON.CA<UM> -> Toronto ON. CA
- Support multiple NFO templates
- PAR Creation
- Added support for WinAmp 3 using Winamp 2.x Plugin Manager
- Added Shell Context Menu
- Fixed annoying SetTag and NFO fields reset
- Now could remove NFO and SFV files using Popup Menu
- Relaxed "Another action not finished" restrictions
- Made Multi Directory support for tested files database (.sfvt)
- Added variables: $D <Folder>, <Directory> and $P, <Path>
- Added <EncVBR>, <NowDate>, <NowTime>, <FilesDate> and <FilesTime> to NFO template
- Author/Artist and Album/Book Tags could use variables.
- Added Minimize to trayIcon
- Made single instance run. To start second instance run with -S or use menu
- Added Big Icons ToolBar
- Win XP build
- PAR/SFV Creation in background Queue
- Improved PAR(md5) test speed
- Added MP3 file information buffer to speedup switch between pages
- Added tested files database (file .sfvt) to avoid double testing
- Added Custom NFO Template to NFO style selection
- Added Text Editor/Viewer for NFO/TXT files
- Added easy to read variables:
<Count>, <Total>, <Title>, <Album>, <Book>, <File>, <Artist>, <Author>
<Track#>, <Genre>, <Year>, <Comment>, <ReadBy>, <Composer>
- Added three state sort by all columns: Normal, Smart and Reverse
- Added Options SmartSort Ignore Space and SmartSort Ignore Case
- Added Recent folders and Font Selection
- Added MP3 Info page
- Play mp3 files in Winamp while editing Tags
- Auto Pause and resume Winamp when renaming or updating files.
- Winamp control allow to jump to last 30 seconds of file for quick spot testing of recording
- Simultaneous tests of CRC32 (for SFV) MD5 (for PAR) checksums for MP3 files
- Fast test for completeness and correct size of mp3 files based on information from SFV and PAR/P?? checksum files
- If you made a mistake you are able to "Undo file rename"
- Useful filter in file view: 'Loaded', 'Loaded and Missing', 'Missing Only', 'Corrupted only'
- Could start external text/.nfo editor for created NFO files
- Configurable styles of NFO files
- Find max file name length and show warnings for files (not only mp3) longer than specified length. Useful for Writing to CD
- Correction to MaxFileNameLength calculation, now it does not include extension.
- Fixed all major win98/me compatibility
- Added file CRC and Size test based on information from SFV
- Added missing files guess based on files sequential numbers
- Improved Rename Folder now it is actually Move Folder
- Improved playlists creation
- More options in NFO file creation
- Added Warning: Smart sort operation by file name may be required
- Fix, ToolBar color to be 256
- Fix, File rename operation do not update file tags
- Improved Error handling in case of bad mp3 files.
- Added installer.
- Added delete previous NFO & SFV file to the Recycle Bin
- Added Windows explorer Directory context menu Association
- Fixes in "Show mask help" Windows and renamed to $variables
- Added ToolBar
- Added predefined "Swap Tag Fields"
- Added Folder rename
- Added Stop/Cancel Current operation
- Added Smart sort file names with numbers "file 2.mp3" would be before "file 10.mp3"
- Added Import/Export Tags from text file
- Cleanup tag creation page for easy understanding
- Move Copy and Remove tags to Menu
- Added characters count to "Current mask yields"
- Major improvements to Edit file tag for One by One editing
- Now you could disable/enable "Reposting Rules",
- "Posting Plan" and "Description" generation in NFO
- Added copy Tag v2 to v1 that will use SmartTrim if enabled
- Fixed bug in m3u generation. Error message is not generated
- NFO and SFV will ask to conform file overwrite if one exists
- and name generated automatically. (If Ask XXX file name disabled)
- "Ask NFO file name" and "Ask SFV file name" are not only in options but
- Could be changed from Menu
- Added "Swap ID3 Tag Fields" function
- Added sort arrow to listview column header when sorted
- Made it faster by preventing excessive redraws of ListViews
- Fix Open Directory problems
- Added persistence to NFO drop downs:
- MediaSource, MediaType, Condition, RippedWith, EncodedWith
- Fix for EncodedWith detection for LAME
- Added key F2 "Apply All Tags"
- Directory name pops up when entering the Book/album title and Author field.
If it has -(minus) than it makes two fields first Author and after - Book
if not the same name go to Author and Book. Will add Regular Expression in next version
- Fixed $F to remove extension
- Fixed GUI element positioning
- Progress indicator now have Time elapsed and remaining
- Directory name extraction:
Edit Box Book/Album - show distinct Albums from ID3v1 and ID3v2
and if empty Extract from Directory name
Edit Box Author/Artist - show distinct Artist from ID3v1 and ID3v2
and if empty Extract from Directory name
Directory name format for extraction:
Artist Name - Book Title
- Added ReadBy as Composer in ID3v2
- New Mask $R - Read By (from ID3v2)
- Added 'View/Edit All tags' Panel like in Multi-Tag
- Added 'Preview' button to see how tags will look.
- All Edit Boxes in tags are now List Boxes so you could select different possible values
from Existing tags, File or Directory names..... See how it works.
Edit Box File Name - show recently used Masks for File Names
Edit Box Track Title - show recently used Masks for Track Title
Edit Box Book/Album - show distinct Albums from ID3v1 and ID3v2
Edit Box Author/Artist - show distinct Artist from ID3v1 and ID3v2
Edit Box Year - show distinct Years from ID3v1 and ID3v2
Edit Box Comment - show distinct Comments from ID3v1 and ID3v2 as well recently used Masks
Edit Box Read by - show distinct Composers from ID3v2 and Extract from Comments
'read by', 'narrated by', 'reader', 'readby', 'rdr', 'rd ', 'narrated' and 'narrator'
- Store Window Position in INI file
- Additional window 'Select Directory'
- Added SFV or NFO files extensions if one is not supplied in dialog.
- Added $0 mask Fill the same size as counter using 0 or see options
- Added Configuration options, persistent in .ini file
- File name mask for NFO, SFV in options.
This masks are resolved base on first file ($I=1) ID3v2 tag if not empty otherwise based
on ID3v1 tag information.
- You could change file extension in FileMask now
Just add .Mp3 or .nFo if you don't like lowercase.
Last . (Dot) will not remove extension from file!
- Improved Preview of Current Mask. Selecting different mask will
show what will happen to this file "Current mask yields:".
If View/Edit All selected all other field would be applied but shown only selected.
Truncated fields/tags would be in red! And yields label would Red if any tag truncated.
- Improved rename algorithm to check for conflict with existing files other than in
list to be renamed.
- Set, Copy, Remove Tags and Generate SFV now runs in different Thread so main window will
- If MaxDuration or MaxSize = 0 then no limitations to Playlist creation.
- Before making tag or renaming files all files in list would be cheeked for write access.
Error message "Close file in another application and start again." would be displayed
and action cancelled. This could happen if you listening to mp3 and at the same time
Added the tags.
- New feature SmartTrim for shortening Tags and File name within a given limit.
This is how it works: Remove ' ' (Double spaces), Remove 'The' and finally Spaces.
If results were trimmed then 'mask yields:' it would be Blue if truncated then Red.
- (v2.1b) Fixed mixed display of size and duration in Files tab
- Corrections do display of NFO tab for small size Font Windows Display settings.
- Fixed proportional resizing blocks in NFO page.
- Fixed temporary file name during rename operation to avoid duplicate names.
- Would be FileName+$I+TMP+Random(99999)
- NOT Fixed Using the Copy v1 -> v2 button sometimes skips the first file.
- Fixed count more than 255 file For v2 OK!
- No count for track# for ID3v1 if more than 255 files.
- Added Set Track# Empty for ID3v1 and other changes.
- Added mask:
- $l Track counter (starts from 0) ($L) not zero tabbed
- $i - Track counter (starts from 1) ($I) not zero tabbed
- $k - Track number ID3($K) Not formatted, Not zero tabbed
- Added Mask for ID3v2 Track#
- The dialog boxes for saving NFO and SFV files
- Have All files|*.*
- No 30 char limitations for ID3v2 tags.
- File rename bug fixed.
- The file renaming scheme used to have the potential for an infinite loop;
- since it tries to make sure names are unique, if the user assigned names without
- a counter it would keep looping.
- Relative path name support in m3u
- If you save m3u not in the same directory as mp3 relative path would be used as in WinAmp.
- Open/select m3u file as well as open mp3 files.
- Info Number of files, Size and Total Duration inside status bar.
- Mask preview would be Red if truncated (30 char for ID3v1 tags).
- Encoder in NFO is a guess audio encoder based on mp3 files.
- ID3v2 tags support.
- Uses new library for mp3 handling.
- New Remove Tag button.
- Minor UI cleanup.
- Added "Total MP3 Size" to NFO
- Duration in NFO now in hh:mm format
- "Encoded At" is a list if files are different
- Do not store file path in m3u.
- Added new Masks
- $2 - 2 chars from Title;
- Fellowship of the Ring -> FR
- $4 - 4 chars from Author and Title;
- JRR Tolkien - Fellowship of the Ring -> JTFR
- $L - Track counter (starts from 0)
Originally Created by Tim Meneely.
Since v2.0 maintenance by http://sourceforge.net/users/vlads/
- Added Simple File Verify (SFV) Checksum files creation.
February 20, 2001: General update:
- Added file renaming capability. This has access to all the ID3 tags, as well as
sequential numbering and total number of tracks.
- Added the ability to sort the tag grid by clicking on the columns. This was a
pain for some programming reasons, but became desirable with the file renaming.
- In the "Menu - Select File" option, started saving the most recently used
directory from session to session. (I didn't think of this initially because I
almost always use Explorer's drag-and-drop function to get files).
February 16, 2001: General update:
Fixed a bug - if you loaded some MP3's without ID3 tags set, there was some
interaction where setting the tag for one file set supposedly non-affected tags
in other files. This was typically benign, since you typically set all the tags
anyway, but it was alarming since it was a side-effect.
- Accepts a directory dropped onto the form, and recursively processes everything
- Displays total time in hours.
- Double-clicking on a row on the Tag-Edit form lets you edit the tags of one track.
- Added variable mask entry capability for the track name and the comment. If the
entry includes a mask variable the actual value will be substituted when the tag
is assigned, within the 30 character length restriction.
Variables available: $I - Track counter (starts from 1); $N - Number of tracks total; $T - Track Name;
$B - Book / Album Name; $F - File Name; $A - Author / Artist; $K - Track number;
$G - Genre; $Y - Year; $C - Comment
-Added NFO file generation, at least as a first attempt.
February 8, 2001: Web site established:
- Incorporated more complete (although still crude and non-standard) help.
February 7, 2001: Interim bug-fix release:
- Incorporated checking of ID3 tag length, so that one cannot type a tag which
is too long.
- Incorporated ability to edit the prefix of the track name, so it can be
abbreviated intelligently by the user.
- Made handling of non-standard "Genre" tags more graceful; the first version
would stop reading the files with a non-descriptive error, now it just acts as
if the Genre is not set, and does not change Genre unless the user sets it.
February 2, 2001:
- Initial release; posted to alt.binaries.sounds.utilities for the use of the folks in the audiobooks groups.